The Science of Lagree Fitness™
Lagree Fitness™ and Effective Muscle Stimulation
Put simply, LAGREE FITNESS™ is the only workout that EFFECTIVELY combines Strength, Endurance, Cardio, Balance, Core and Flexibility training not only in one session but in each and every move. The key term here is effective. Lagree Fitness™ is intense on the muscles, but low-impact and safe on the joints, spine, and connective tissues.
In order for a training method to be effective, it is important to train at an Effective Intensity. The body needs to reach a certain threshold of exercise intensity to stimulate the body’s adaptive changes. Reaching the intensity threshold depends on many factors such as body type and fitness level, and is different for everyone. When the body is training at an effective intensity and the muscles are being effectively stimulated, the results can be maximized. The Lagree Fitness™ Training Method utilizes 5 key elements to reach Effective Muscle Stimulation:
- EFFECTIVE RESISTANCE: Lagree Fitness™ uses spring resistance which is variable and allows for peak muscle contraction while reducing the stress on the joints and the connective tissue.
- EFFECTIVE RANGE OF MOTION: Lagree Fitness™ focuses on form and each movement is kept within the range of motion that targets the specific muscle or group of muscles.
- EFFECTIVE ANGLE: The Lagree Fitness™ equipment is adjustable to allow for training at different angles to help recruit different muscle groups.
- EFFECTIVE TEMPO: Lagree Fitness™ utilizes slow and controlled movements. None of the movements are performed using momentum. When working with and against resistance slowly, the tension on the muscles stays constant, recruiting more muscle fibers. Slow and controlled movements activate the slow-twitch fat-burning muscle fibers.
- EFFECTIVE DURATION: Each set is performed for at least 60 seconds to stimulate both the fast and slow-twitch muscle fibers. Transitions are kept to a minimum to keep the muscles working and the heart rate up.